Jill and I thought it was important to start this by showing off two of our dogs to hopefully bring you some happiness in their trying times.
We have been very busy keep up with the ever changing landscape of higher education. Here are some important things to know:
- Many colleges have pushed back their decision date for seniors to June 1st which is great. If you have a senior, I encourage you to call the admissions offices to learn if they have moved to June 1st or are moving forward with the May 1st deadline.
- Many high schools are going pass/fail while others are sticking with traditional grading. Colleges are well aware of this and have told us that they will not allow that to be a factor in students college admissions process.
- Test-Optional admissions have been a growing trend. Because of the novel coronavirus, more colleges are jumping on the test-optional train which is great! To see a comprehensive list you can go to Fair Test
- College visits were cancelled but colleges are working quickly to bring campus tours and webinars online for students. Many colleges post information about events on their social media but if you have interest in specific colleges, you can give them a call and ask if they are hosting any events for juniors or seniors. Many are!
- A free online virtual college fair is set up! Check it out here
Jill and I are also hosting webinars. Here are links for next weeks webinars on College Planning for Students with Learning Differences During Unprecedented Times:
We will also be co-hosting a private screening of a wonderful documentary called Autism Goes To College, which follows multiple students on the spectrum through their college experience on April 20th. We have limited spots for this event. I will be sending out a link to register for this early next week.