High School Planning and Support
- Recommend course selection based on student’s interest and ability. Students should be challenged but not overwhelmed.
- Suggest appropriate extracurriculars in which our students profess interest.
- Discuss learning support options. Student’s needs will dictate the level of support needed.
- Assess independent living skills. Some students struggle with hygiene, morning routines and medication compliance.
- Examine psycho-educational testing to learn of student’s strengths and struggles.
- Ensure psycho-educational testing will be accepted by colleges. Partial testing is not sufficient for many colleges.
- Provide summer options. There are great academic and non-academic options both domestically and internationally.