How is your teen’s mental health?
Studies continue to come out reporting the mental health struggles of teens during the pandemic. Here are some major takeaways that parents reported:
- 64% of parents say their teens text daily
- 56% of parents say their teens use social media daily
- 43% of parents say their teens played online games daily
- 35% of parents say their teens talk on the phone daily or almost every day
- 9% of parents say their teens have been getting together indoors with friends daily or almost every day
- 6% of parents say their teens have been getting together outdoors with friends daily or almost every day
You can draw whatever conclusions you would like from these statistics but I think it is really important to understand that yes, we need to stay safe but there are negative mental health outcomes that we will need to understand and address moving forward with teens.
If you are noticing major changes in your teen, reach out to a professional.
If you don’t know where to turn, feel free to reach out to us. We might be able to help direct you to someone who could help.
And for those who want to read a full report of the student used, click here.
JJB Educational Consultants Inc. provides college placement services for students with learning differences. Our clients have learning disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, traumatic brain injuries and developmental delays. With over 20 years of experience we have a 100% success rate placing college-bound students with learning differences in college! See our website for upcoming presentations in your area: www.jjb-edconsultants.com